The Girls

The Girls

Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Start

Today I stepped on the scale. 

It was scary. 

I am at my heaviest that I have been (even while pregnant).  The fear, tears, and sadness is very real now. 

So today, August 18, 2016, I am starting my weight loss journey. 

I want to blog about it so that I can come back and see my journey and maybe share when comes the time.  If I talk it out with myself, my hopes are that I will stick with it.  It has worked when it comes to the sweets which I am a two days clean.  Every time I see candy, I want it.  I justify everything.  This is me in my head... "I will start tomorrow", "I will not eat supper", "It won't hurt that bad".  But I never do and it is hurting me really bad. 

So here goes the rest of my life...

My why:
My why is pretty simple and complicated at the same time.  I want to be happy and healthy to see my kids grow up and possibly have grandkids one day.  That is what scares me the most, the fact that I might die at a young age.  What makes it so complicated is that food makes me happy.  I love to cook great meals for both my family and the great taste.  I love trying new foods and making new things.  I also love going out to eat with my family.  Having lunch with mom or my brother really does brighten my day.  How do I let go of these feelings?  I am struggling with that right now.

My other why is more along the healthy standpoint of I really and I mean REALLY want to get off my blood pressure medicine.  I am on the highest dose of two different medicines and my doctor wants needs me to lose weight before he will do anything about it.

So that leads me into my goals...

Goals:
  1. Drink A LOT of water.  Only one glass of un-sweet tea a day.  Maybe even try drinking a hot green tea in the morning. My goal will be to drink at least 100oz's of water a day.  
  2. Track everything I eat on MyFitnessPal.  Even when I am not so good.
  3. Exercise.  Walk/Run at least 3 times a week.  I really want to get up to running long distances without walking eventually but for now, just get out there and do something.  I plan to attend at least 2 Zumba classes a week too.
  4. Don't give up. 
  5. Sweets only in moderation (1 per week at the most) and only on days when working out. 
Weight loss:

Starting weight          205.6
8/31/16                      199.9    -5.7
9/18/16                      195       -4.9
9/30/16                      190        -5
10/15/16                    186        -4
10/31/16                    182        -4
11/15/16                    178        -4
11/30/16                    173        -5
12/15/16                    170        -3
12/31/16                    167        -3
1/15/17                      163        -4
1/31/17                      159        -4
2/15/17                      155        -4
2/28/17                      150        -5
3/15/17                      145        -5
3/31/17                      140        -5

Total weight loss goal: 65.6 pounds

So here is to kicking that 66 pounds down the drain!!  My plan is to check in and write about my struggles and my high points a least on each goal date if not also in between.  Again, this is solely intended for me to blog it out with myself instead of in a journal! 

 Lord help me live this journey in everything I am and everything I do.  Amen!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment